Ed Paice

Moderators: Phil Winkler, Graham Smith, Pete Tabord

Ed Paice

Postby Ed Paice » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:19 pm

Hi everybody, and I am delighted to be making my first posting on the Forum. I have joined the management team here at Database Software Limited and I am pleased to let you know that we have some very exciting and detailed plans for the company, for Ffenics the product, and for everyone who uses and develops in Ffenics.

By way of introduction, a bit of background on myself. I have spent the last 6 years helping Microsoft develop their applications channel, specifically enhancing the go-to-market strategies and sales & marketing capabilities of their channel partners. Prior to that I spent 12 years working in the applications space across Europe and the USA with Baan, Infor and SAP. This application experience was built on some 6 years of working with DataEase, firstly at Sapphire in the UK and then in the USA.

So what of the plans I alluded to? Well, over the course of the next few months we are planning two new releases of Ffenics, a focused consultant’s programme, and increases in the team here at head-office. More details to follow.

As you can imagine, there is much for us to do with lots of effort into developing both Ffenics and its supporting materials (you will hear me refer to this as meta-product), enhancement of our internal systems, development of marketing materials as well as the day to day business of providing support and of course selling Ffenics!

We will of course keep you up to date through this forum as the plans reach fruition, but in the mean-time I can be contacted directly by email: epaice@ffenics.com or by phone on +44 (0)844 8709397 and I look forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards

Ed Paice
Managing Director
Database Software Limited
Ed Paice

Re: Ed Paice

Postby paulboyes » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:37 pm

Hello Ed

It was good to meet you at the New Business Show at Excel a couple of weeks back and spending the couple of days with you getting a sense of your enthusiasm for the future.

I am delighted to hear that you have such positive plans for Ffenics, its consultants and vertical market applications. (especially the vertical market bit as we have half a dozen packages ready to go.)

All the best

Paul
Paul Boyes

PB Business Solutions

Phone +44 1926 620098
Email paul.b@pbbusinesssolutions.com
Web http://www.pbbusinesssolutions.com
paulboyes

Postby Fred Kingston » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:57 pm

Welcome Ed... Sign me up for the Developer's Conference.. Where are we meeting? Newark Airport again?? :D
Fred Kingston

Postby Pete Tabord » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:23 am

Maybe it should be 'welcome back' - like the song says - you can check out but you can never leave!

Seriously, we really need someone with Ed's experience in sales, the wider software scene and general business and I'm glad to welcome him on board. He has significant expansion plans and I also look forward to the next international conference.
Peter J. Tabord
Head of Development
Database Software Ltd.
ptabord@ffenics.com
Pete Tabord

Postby Phil Winkler » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:53 pm

Fred,

Wrong again. It was the Hilton Hotel at the Newark train station. I do remember you coming into the back of the room and hollering "Hi, Everybody!" at the top of your lungs. :roll: :shock:

Seems everyone turned around with a WTF expression on their faces. And so began the legend of Fred Kingston. :mrgreen:
Phil Winkler
PLM Consulting, Inc.
pwinkler@plmconsulting.com
Phil Winkler

Return to Introduce Yourself