Hello There

Moderators: Phil Winkler, Graham Smith, Pete Tabord

Hello There

Postby leethr » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:52 pm

Hello everyone,
My name is Lee and I’m the latest member of the Systems Admin team. I’m really keen to begin contributing my skills and knowledge to enhance the company in my new role. I hope to meet you all soon and learn more about the company.
Looking forward to working with you,
Lee
leethr

Re: Hello There

Postby Graham Smith » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:03 pm

Could you tell us a bit about your background, in particular any experience with databases?
Graham Smith
DataSmith, Delaware
"For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)
"X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett"
Graham Smith

Re: Hello There

Postby leethr » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:51 pm

A quick update from me, one week into joining the company! By way of background, my expertise is in the Microsoft technology stack including Active Directory, Windows Server, Virtualisation etc., and I have certainly been using all these skills since I joined. As many of you will know, we provide Hosting, Backup, Archive and Cloud solutions to our customers, whatever database they are running, and my role is as part of the team to maintain the infrastructure to support these customers whether they access the system via VPN, RDP, Browser, Citrix or whatever technology is most appropriate! I am loving the challenge and now looking forward to the next seven days :)
leethr

Return to Introduce Yourself