Hi all

Moderators: Phil Winkler, Graham Smith, Pete Tabord

Hi all

Postby Nigel » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:29 pm

Hello there.
I'm Nigel and a complete newbie to Ffenics. I've been promising Trina for some time of my impending purchase and am about to finally take the plunge.

I've been using Delphi 3 and then 5 for many years. I also used Paradox to a small degree in both 7 and 9 guises.

My internet usage goes back quite a while and I was a stong user of Compuserve and its Wincim software. All that was until AOL bought Compuserve and destroyed it overnight.

Anyway, don't be surprised if I post all sorts of daft questions until I get to grips with Ffenics.

Thanks all.
Nigel

Re: Hi all

Postby Phil Winkler » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:34 pm

Welcome aboard, Nigel.

Many of us met back in the Compuserve days on the IBM/Databases forum on CIS. I was 72426,1153 as I recall. One of the first DataEase conferences was when we all got to meet face to face for the first time. I don't recall if it was Florida, but I think it was. That's when Pete & Trina first appeared on the scene, too, I think.

Ask anything you want. There are many others who will probably benefit from the dialogue.
Phil Winkler
PLM Consulting, Inc.
pwinkler@plmconsulting.com
Phil Winkler

Re: Hi all

Postby Nigel » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:11 am

Phil Winkler wrote:Welcome aboard, Nigel.

Many of us met back in the Compuserve days on the IBM/Databases forum on CIS. I was 72426,1153 as I recall.

106250,3572 !
I can rattle that off even now.
These php style forums are all very slick and fancy but there was something solid about the Compuserve format, especially when version 3.01 came out near the end. "You have new messages waiting". Those were the days. I was even quite excited when I got that wav file spurting out at me.
Nigel

Return to Introduce Yourself