All About David Packenas

Moderators: Phil Winkler, Graham Smith, Pete Tabord

All About David Packenas

Postby David » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:27 am

I have been using DataEase since 1990. No idea how many DataEase applications we have built. I first started Crystal Clear Data in Australia, in 1991, and we have just opened Crystal Clear Data in England.

We provide marketing support services to the Marketing and advertising industry, and also the not for profit sector, one of our core business is data entry. When we started in 91' a lot of our clients were using mainframes, our business grew overnight, what took us 2 or 3 hours to do, normally cost the client or our competitors a couple of days and/or a couple a grand.

I personally have been looking for a product to replace DE 4.53 in the windows arena since 1998, and just haven't come across one. Most of the "IT Gurus" I have come across think I'm absolutely bonkers, that I would insist on such a product, and that if I'm that keen I should employ someone who has the relevant degree and skill set. Not bad advice, just wrong. But it's a hard wrong to argue against.

I have noticed over the last 5 to 8 years our business is spiking again similar to problems faced with mainframes 15+ years ago, thanks to CRM systems.

I look forward to engaging with you all over the coming weeks.
Regards
David
David

Re: All About David Packenas

Postby Phil Winkler » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:19 pm

Welcome aboard, David

So, are you in the UK or Down Under now?
Phil Winkler
PLM Consulting, Inc.
pwinkler@plmconsulting.com
Phil Winkler

Postby David » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:09 am

Hello Phil

Thank you for your welcome.

I'm based in Brisbane, but no doubt there will be many trips coming up to 'Old Blighty'

How's business in the US?

DP
David

Postby Graham Smith » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:14 pm

Welcome aboard David.

In general, business in the US is about the same as it was on the Titanic right after that incident with the iceberg. If you are selling something that floats, you're doing OK - other than that, people are more reluctant to spend until they see where things are going.
Graham Smith
DataSmith, Delaware
"For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)
"X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett"
Graham Smith

Return to Introduce Yourself