Momentary Madness

Moderators: Phil Winkler, Graham Smith, Pete Tabord

Momentary Madness

Postby Adrian Jones » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:48 pm

As if there wasn't enough to do with getting Ffenics 1.53 out and planning my Fforward With Ffenics workshop in November, I went temporarily mad a month ago when I agreed to stand as the Labour Party candidate in a local county council by-election.

For more, go here: http://www.adrianjoneslabour.co.uk
Adrian Jones

Re: Momentary Madness

Postby Phil Winkler » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:24 pm

Sounds like the Torys are the Republicans and Labor are democrats. Is that close?
Phil Winkler
PLM Consulting, Inc.
pwinkler@plmconsulting.com
Phil Winkler

Re: Momentary Madness

Postby Adrian Jones » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:55 am

Sort of.

In National Government we have a coalition between the tories and the lib dems, a third party. Probably the lib dems and labour both correspond to the democrats in some way.

In local (i.e. Cornish) government, which is what this election is about, the power is held by a coalition between the local tories and a large number of independent councillors, who by definition are not a party in their own right. We have 48 tory concillors, 38 lib dems, 31 independents, 4 'mebyon kernow' -- cornish nationalists -- and just one labour ... for the time being :)

The lib dems haven't had any power in national politics for a very long time, although they do well in local poltics, and esp in the south west.
Adrian Jones

Return to Open Talk