Catriona Allison Tabord

Moderators: Phil Winkler, Graham Smith, Pete Tabord

Catriona Allison Tabord

Postby Pete Tabord » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:00 am

Sadly my Trina died early Monday 26th October in her sleep.

Some of you will know that she had been diagnosed with cancer, and with a fairly gloomy prognosis. Nevertheless she had started treatment and we had been given to understand that she had some months or even years of quality life before the drugs were unable to control the cancer.

However, the type of cancer she had can lead to blood clots, and it seems that her heart was stopped by a blood clot that reached the lungs. Pulmonary embolism, I believe it is called.

The funeral is arranged for 1:30 on Tuesday 3rd of November at Betws Garmon church. If anyone intends to attend in person it is on the main A4085 Caernarfon to Beddgelert road in North Wales, in Betws Garmon village. It is only a small church, so if you want to sit inside for the service I recommend arriving early. We will be going on to the local pub afterwards for an informal wake (i.e a booze up) which is exactly as she would have wanted.

Flowers are very welcome and can be sent to the funeral directors, Paragon, Water Street, Penygroes, Caernarfon, Gwynedd, LL54 6NB, or they can be contacted on 01286 881565. Alternatively donations can be sent to the Dogs Trust in her name. (We have had several rescue dogs in our time together, and this charity also looks after dogs that are too badly disturbed or too ill to rehome).

As far as Database City is concerned, you'll appreciate this will be a very difficult time, and I ask you to bear with us for the next week or two.

Regards to all

Pete Tabord
Peter J. Tabord
Head of Development
Database Software Ltd.
ptabord@ffenics.com
Pete Tabord

Re: Catriona Allison Tabord

Postby Adrian Jones » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:45 am

Pete, you know our thoughts are with you right now.

Trina's brilliant, and we will miss her dearly.

Much love, Adrian
Adrian Jones

Postby Phil Winkler » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:32 pm

Pete, we all wish we could be there with you during all this.

She would certainly want everyone to have a drink or two also. She will be sorely missed.

She was such a lovely person and so very, very bright.

Phil, Graham and Debe
Phil Winkler
PLM Consulting, Inc.
pwinkler@plmconsulting.com
Phil Winkler

Postby Lawrence Fox » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:37 pm

Pete:

I was absolutely flattened when I heard the news, as was Gail.

She will be surely missed. I know I will.
Lawrence Fox

Postby Graham Smith » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:41 pm

I am definitely going to miss her chats. Those who knew Trina knew that she loved to chat. Trina and I would often exchange ICQ messages but as soon as I brought up something complex, I knew that the phone would ring a moment later because for all she loved to chat, she didn't like to type.

We would all love to be there next week, but that's not really practical. So, this Saturday, we are going to have our own little wake at our favorite pub. I invite all others to do the same when and where they can.
Graham Smith
DataSmith, Delaware
"For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)
"X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett"
Graham Smith

Postby JohnBaldwin » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:50 pm

Pete - I had no idea that this was the situation and am finding it exceedingly hard 'to take on board'.

Our thoughts and prayers are very much with you and for her at this time. We will miss her tremendously but fully realise just how devastating this will be for you in particular.

Much love

John Baldwin
John Baldwin (029 2055 4457)
JohnBaldwin

Postby Richard Laidler » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:44 pm

Pete

We talked. Look after yourself, and do whatever you think is best for you.

Richard
Richard Laidler

Postby Roj » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:39 pm

Pete,
My heartfelt condolences, Trina will be sadly missed by so many, Our chats on railways and beer would last for ages, and we never did decide wether standard gauge or narrow gauge is better. I won't be able to get to the service and wake but I will raise my pint to her memory and toast a truly wonderful lady.
Roj.
Illegitemi non Carborundum.
Roj

Postby Paul Nelson » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:05 am

Pete

It was with deep shock that I read of Trina's death.

My thoughts and prayers and with you. There are times when life seems so unfair.

Whenever I chatted to Trina on the phone she was always so enthusiastic and dedicated to ensuring that she knew exactly what people really wanted. She was never in a hurry to finish a call - it was usually someone else needing her attention that caused her to break off.

Although I will be unable to make it to the funeral in person I will be there in spirit.

Take care Pete!

Paul
Paul Nelson

Postby MichaelBave » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:49 pm

I have been away this week and just read the news. I am deeply shocked, as I only spoke to her about 10 days ago.
My thoughts go with you all at this very sad time.
MichaelBave

Postby KjetilUrne » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:29 pm

My heartfelt condolences to you and your family. It was a shock to hear of the sad demise of your wife. Though I never had the chance to meet either of you in person, I have always been an admirer of what you achieved. Trina's contribution was obvious and I always considered her to be a warm, strong and supportive partner. I am deeply sorry for your loss!

With my deepest sympathy
Kjetil
KjetilUrne

Postby Alistair Wallace » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:49 pm

I was away when Trina died so only heard about it yesterday and I did not know she was ill.All my condolences and best wishes to you, Pete, and to all at DC. This must be a very difficult time for you.

Trina was someone who liked and was genuinely interested in all the people her work brought her in touch with, interested and quick in identifying what might really be at the bottom of problems that arose, never liable to make you feel that she was the expert and you an oaf messing about in things you didn't rightly oughter, and definitely the only computer consultant who has given me a warm hug and a kiss as she left after an afternoon's work. I will miss her.
Alistair Wallace

Postby Neil Moores » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:55 pm

Pete
What a kind and helpful person Trina was. It was a pleasure to have met her and very humbling to realise that with her own insurmountable problems she always remained so bright and chirpy. She always made me feel like we had known each other for years.

You have my deepest sympathy for such a sad loss.

Neil Moores
Neil Moores

Postby Arthur Hissey » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:49 am

Pete, I have been away and only just learned of Trina leaving us. Please accept our deepest condolences. I am not eloquent enough convey in mere words what your sense of loss and sadness must be, so, I won’t even try. However, what I do know is that Trina touched everybody that she came in contact with in a happy and infectiously positive way. She was a truly warm hearted and generous person in the truest sense. But, then again, you already knew all that, didn’t you?

If I am guessing right, Trina would want us to celebrate her life and its many achievements. We often talked about going and having a beer when she next visited us way down here in the land Down Under, so I think that’s just what we’ll do for her.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your loved ones…

Arthur Hissey and the team at Computer Research & Technology
Arthur Hissey

Postby Nigel » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:20 pm

I'm absolutely stunned at this tragic news.
I was totally unaware of this sad news until Ian Summers contacted me regarding my a/c details today.

My deepest and sincerest condolences to Pete and family.

I never met Trina but we spoke many hours on the phone and her enthusiasm came across the wires like electricity.
If she was half as bubbly in real life as she was on the phone then those who knew her were indeed fortunate.

Tragedies like this put all your problems into perspective.

Best regards
Nigel Armstrong.
Nigel

Next

Return to Open Talk