V7 requests DBA file when restoring

Questions and Answers about DataEase for Windows

V7 requests DBA file when restoring

Postby PeterB » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:37 am

A V7 system in development had a problem which we thought might be solved with a Backup & Restore (Yes, I know!) but on restoring it said 'Table File LOCAWAAC.DBA not found - 1' - We looked at the data directory of two different V7 systems but there are no DBA files in either of them.

So the question is - Should V7 be looking for a DBA file, and if so, why are there none in either system?
PeterB

Re: V7 requests DBA file when restoring

Postby Graham Smith » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:16 pm

There are no DBA tables any more. It's a message that's left over in the code. You will get it after it has searched for DBM, TDF, and FRM and not found them. I think you should be looking for a TDF file.

You might want to look in Procedures to see if there is a Temp Form listed. That's the most likely cause.
Graham Smith
DataSmith, Delaware
"For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)
"X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett"
Graham Smith

Re: V7 requests DBA file when restoring

Postby PeterB » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:55 pm

Hi Graham

Yes, I half remembered that they had gone, but old age and senility made me doubt myself.

It looks as though the reason for the error message may have been that there was no Table Defining Form for that Table at that time.
PeterB

Return to DataEase for Windows