An unreorganizable form

Questions and Answers about DataEase for DOS

An unreorganizable form

Postby JohnBaldwin » Tue May 14, 2013 11:09 am

Yesterday, I ran into a problem never previously encountered with (VERY many years' use of) DfD.

Every time I tried to open a form, it claimed to need to be reorganized. However, every attempt to do just that (and with no diagnostic suggesting that there had been a failure), simply resulted in the sitation remaining unaltered.

(As one suspects, I had to revert to a back-up ... and hence my previous question about experience of the use of Dropbox.)

Has anyone experienced a similar situation and how did they resolve it (if indeed it can be resolved without rebuilding the app from a back-up)?
John Baldwin (029 2055 4457)
JohnBaldwin

Re: An unreorganizable form

Postby Phil Winkler » Tue May 14, 2013 1:04 pm

What does the form status tell you?

Try reorging the system forms with Jada Tools. Use it to look at the rdrr, too, and adjust the numbers if necessary.
Phil Winkler
PLM Consulting, Inc.
pwinkler@plmconsulting.com
Phil Winkler

Re: An unreorganizable form

Postby JohnBaldwin » Tue May 14, 2013 3:59 pm

Thanks, Phil.

As I have now 'gone back to' the most recent back-up, I cannot now answer your question regarding form status. But I will now have a place (ie, here) to remind myself what to do should the problem recur.

I must say that - although I use Jada Tools with regularity - I had forgotten about that route ...

John
John Baldwin (029 2055 4457)
JohnBaldwin

Return to DataEase for DOS