Dataease error

Questions and Answers about DataEase for DOS

Dataease error

Postby josh2014 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:41 am

hi, we have 30 windows 7 32bit pc’s running dfd453. Reports run fine on 23 of these but not on 7.
All configured in the same way. All users can login to dataease.
This started after the recent daylight saving time change.
All dataease shortcuts on users desktops point to de16.exe on local pc’s, which is then mapped to G:\arrears – server location of dfd453 database.
The network files – Denetwrk.ovl”, “Configur.dat”, “Printers.dat are on the server and all pc’s are pointing to this same location.
Have copied the autoexec.nt and config.nt from working pc to not working and no joy.
Would it be worth restarting the server. Can anyone assist?
Attachments
error.JPG
error.JPG (45.38 KiB) Viewed 3778 times
josh2014

Re: Dataease error

Postby Graham Smith » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:35 pm

This is going to be difficult to diagnose based on a post to a forum. The main issue is that if you have 30 Windows computers, there's a fairly good chance that no two of them are exactly the same.

It is possible that something is setup differently on the 7 that aren't working. Some different software installed. Some different something has been done.

Since DFD is GPFing, there's a chance that it's something to do with either permissions or the NTVDM.
Graham Smith
DataSmith, Delaware
"For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)
"X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett"
Graham Smith

Re: Dataease error

Postby andyclinton59 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:06 am

As you said the problem started after the daylight savings, I think it might be related to the only good reason for going from 4.53 to 5 back in the day, the ill advised "security" check on the users.

If my memory don't fail me the time stamp on the users file was used to check if it had been manipulated and with daylight savings introduced this came out of sync twice a year.

After some googling i found this.

http://dataeaseuk.com/support/knowledge ... or-in-4-53

If you haven't been doing this I suggest you try this first.
andyclinton59

Return to DataEase for DOS