Reorder Procedures List

Questions and Answers about DataEase for DOS

Reorder Procedures List

Postby tervyuk » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:17 pm

I am currently tidying up a dataease 4.53 database and want to put the list of DQL procedures into alphabetical order thus making them easier to find.
Can anyone give me any help?

Thanking you in anticipation

Bryan
tervyuk

Re: Reorder Procedures List

Postby Graham Smith » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:15 pm

There isn't a simple way within DataEase to do that. There was a third party tool (Jada Tools) that could be used to do that but it hasn't been available for a very, very long time.

I assume you know that DfD 4.53 was discontinued in the late 90's as being non-Y2K compliant and that it is becoming increasingly difficult to find an operating system that will allow it to run.
Graham Smith
DataSmith, Delaware
"For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)
"X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett"
Graham Smith

Postby earlwer » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:18 am

Graham Smith wrote:it is becoming increasingly difficult to find an operating system that will allow it to run.

Works fine in Windows 7 32-bit, so I'll be OK for a few more years.

I understand that there is also a 32-bit version of Windows 10, so I can delay my retirement :mrgreen:
earlwer

Postby Graham Smith » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:19 pm

earlwer wrote:I understand that there is also a 32-bit version of Windows 10, so I can delay my retirement

I could well be wrong, but I think that is mainly there for people upgrading from Win7/32 on machines that won't support 64bit. It's probably unlikely that you would be able to find a new computer with the 32bit version.

One reason I'm keeping my old Win7 box is that it has XP Mode which will run DfD. I've got a project that's been in limbo for several years to get data out of a DfD database and import it into the Ffenics system they are using for everything else.
Graham Smith
DataSmith, Delaware
"For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)
"X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett"
Graham Smith

Return to DataEase for DOS