OVR-mode once again

Moderators: Phil Winkler, Graham Smith, Pete Tabord

OVR-mode once again

Postby KjetilUrne » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:44 pm

If I didn't miss something, there still some mystery regarding the OVR-mode(?). Well, I just noticed something...... so:

Anyone interested in knowing how that darned OVR-mode actually is triggered - and how you can turn it off again without touching your keyboard? :wink:

Provided this is new info, I guess my finding could make it possible to weed out this feature from future releases.
KjetilUrne

Re: OVR-mode once again

Postby Adrian Jones » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:19 pm

What's your secret?
Adrian Jones

Re: OVR-mode once again

Postby KjetilUrne » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:47 am

Ahem, it seem I got a little carried away... I like to think that it was different the other way, but I have no proof. Still it could be interesting.

I noticed that clicking the menu bar (or any of the menu items) in a maximized window turns the OVR-signal off.
The confusing thing however, is that Ff will still be in OVR-mode (yet not showing it)
As soon as give focus to another application than Ff, the OVR-signal will be turned on again.

At the moment when I played with this I managed to restore fully to "non-OVR" by selecting anything under the "Help"-menu. But as I tried it again just now, I find it's not reproduce-able, so there must've been another factor involved.

Sorry :-(
KjetilUrne

Return to Ffenics 1.x