Deleted form is still part there!

Moderators: Phil Winkler, Graham Smith, Pete Tabord

Deleted form is still part there!

Postby Paul Cheeseman » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:47 pm

I deleted a form called Menu_FrontDesk ready to replace it with a new version, but it hasnt fully deleted again.

It does not show in the catalog, but still loads and still shows under the forms list in procedures.

When I try and save over it, it just tells me that the form exists. I have tried deletetable & deletedocument but to no avail. Its like its only deleted the catalog entry and not the actual form.

How do I complete this in order to save the new version?
Paul Cheeseman

Re: Deleted form is still part there!

Postby Mark Nicholas » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:59 pm

"It does not show in the catalog"

That means that it's no longer a "member" of Application Objects.

"but still loads and still shows under the forms list in procedures"

That means it remains recorded as an existing Table in the RDRR.

To remove it from the RDRR, you need to re-instate the Table-defining Form into Application Objects.

It will then be visible in the Catalog and you will be able to delete it

a) from the Catalog

and, most importantly

b) from the RDRR

I outlined the method in a reply to your earlier post about table 'NDAC' : "Corrupted Table refuses to fully delete".

Did that work for you?
Mark Nicholas
Mark Nicholas

Re: Deleted form is still part there!

Postby Paul Cheeseman » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:05 am

Hi Mark

To be honest, I didnt see your reply to the last topic about this same issue! It wasnt until I started random searching again that I found it. My notifications are not coming through anymore, but thats a different issue :)

I tried that solution, but with no direct success. However, once I started to look at the entry formats on other application object entries, it gave me an idea on how to fix it, probably the NDAC one too, but it was getting late. Thats todays task!

The current MENU_ issue, I can get the name to show, but its linked to the new version files with a different form name, so will make a copy and modify that entry which hopefully will correctly set the record pointing at the right files with the right form name, which in turn should allow full and complete deletion.

Thanks for your help again :)
Paul Cheeseman

Return to Ffenics 1.x