Ffenics has moved!

Ffenics has moved!

Postby Pete Tabord » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:50 am

We have a new office!

Ffenics is now being developed on new premises. We have become a tenant at the state-of-the art Technium CAST (Centre for Advanced Software Technology) near Bangor, Gwynedd.

This will enable us to expand the programming team and speed the future development of Ffenics, as well as providing us with access to a wide range of opportunities both technical and commercial.

For various reasons, DE/Ff has for a long time been developed in something of a vacuum, although I've done my best to keep up with the computing world at large. This move, in addition to its practical advantages, will give me daily contact with some leading technicians, both practical and theoretical. The Technium is a centre of excellence for visualisation and haptics technology and is closely linked to Bangor University.

http://www.castwales.com/joomla/
http://www.bangor.ac.uk/
Peter J. Tabord
Head of Development
Database Software Ltd.
ptabord@ffenics.com
Pete Tabord

Re: Ffenics has moved!

Postby Phil Winkler » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:38 pm

How much further do you have to drive? Is there a pub right outside your office door like the first place? :lol:

I clicked on CAST's link. Isn't Bango where I caught the train?
Phil Winkler
PLM Consulting, Inc.
pwinkler@plmconsulting.com
Phil Winkler

Postby Pete Tabord » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:00 am

Yep, Bangor's where you caught the train. The Technium's a couple of miles outside Bangor, on the right side for me to get to. There's university departments spread all down the Menai Strait coast between Bangor itself and the Britannia Bridge into Anglesey, this place is just south of the bridge.

It's about a 20 minute commute, fine by me, although petrol (gas) over here is ludicrously expensive over here at the moment (something like $8 a gallon!) so I'll have to earn more money to feed the transport. Should work out since there's no pub handy so I I'll get even more work done :-) There is a coffee shop, but I doubt I'll spend much time there - British coffee's completely tastless compared the road tar we used to brew up in the Trumbull offices!
Peter J. Tabord
Head of Development
Database Software Ltd.
ptabord@ffenics.com
Pete Tabord

Postby Graham Smith » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:51 pm

Pete Tabord wrote:It's about a 20 minute commute, fine by me, although petrol (gas) over here is ludicrously expensive over here at the moment (something like $8 a gallon!) so I'll have to earn more money to feed the transport.

Good excuse to ride the bike more.
Graham Smith
DataSmith, Delaware
"For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)
"X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett"
Graham Smith

Postby Pete Tabord » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:20 pm

I will as soon as they stop putting salt on the road :-)
Peter J. Tabord
Head of Development
Database Software Ltd.
ptabord@ffenics.com
Pete Tabord

Return to News