Ffenics ToolChest Coming Soon

Moderators: Phil Winkler, Graham Smith, Pete Tabord

Ffenics ToolChest Coming Soon

Postby Graham Smith » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:30 pm

After using these procedures for over seven years, I have decided to start making them available to the public. Following is a synopsis of the procedures and what they do:

$FindField – finds all fields in all forms where the name is exactly as entered. You may use wildcards to search for partial matches (e.g. Inv* finds all fields that start with “Inv”).

$FindPSLText – finds all occurrences of a string in a procedure script. For example, if you search on InvDate, you will find all lines that contain that string.

$FindOCLText – same as above only searches Object scripts.

$FindDerivation – same as above only searches field Derivations scripts.

$PSLPrintout – prints out just the script of a procedure.

$TableDefinition – prints out a list of fields and their properties in a table (Form).
1 – Field definitions only
2 – Field definitions and derivations
3 – Field definitions, derivations, and range checks
Alpha – same as #1 but with fields in alpha order rather than table order

In addition to this is my most used tool - $InternalDocs. This allows you to identify all newly modified documents and create an install file for them. It's also helpful just in knowing what you have and have not changed and for comparing two versions of the same database.

But wait, there's more... You'll also get a copy of my exciting paper "How to Install and Replace Documents Without Making a Complete Botchup of Things" - based on my years of experience messing things up doing installs.

For pricing information please contact me via email: gsmith@plmconsulting.com
Graham Smith
DataSmith, Delaware
"For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)
"X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett"
Graham Smith

Re: Ffenics ToolChest Coming Soon

Postby Graham Smith » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:28 pm

For those who have asked, the tool kit is now available for $199 US. Contact me for further information.
Graham Smith
DataSmith, Delaware
"For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)
"X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett"
Graham Smith

Return to Blatant Advertising