Images on Procedure print layout

Moderators: Phil Winkler, Graham Smith, Pete Tabord

Images on Procedure print layout

Postby PeterSurbiton » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:14 pm

I have managed to avoid using images on output (from Datamaster to today) but I am now being pressed to include a logo on a procedure print layout.

I can add it on to the layout using the Objects/Picture combination but when I print, the box surrounding the logo is printed and the text descriptor of the image is printed in the box - but no image, and a second (blank) page is also printed - presumably a size overflow on the page margin.

I am using draft (as opposed to WYSIWYG).

Thank you for reading !
PeterSurbiton

Re: Images on Procedure print layout

Postby Gil Fleming » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:03 pm

Hi Peter
First, let's deal with your extra page which is, as you suspect, probably a simple case of your output exceeding the page width.
First, turn on your rulers(View/Rulers). See if your output looks as though you are exceeding paper width (Use Ctrl-A to ensure you have all objects selected).
Now click Document/Print Options. Set all margins to zero. At runtime, ffenics will offer to set them back to minimum values, which you should accept.
Now let's deal with your reluctant image.
While in Print Options, ensure the the checkbox "Print without displaying Dialog" is NOT checked. Then set your output to WYSIWYG.
At runtime, you have the option to print to window, printer or file converter. There is also an option to set Print Detail to Text, Draft or WYSIWYG (for some daft reason, ffenics doesn't respect the choice you made in Print Options). Select WYSIWYG. You should now see your image in your output.

Let us know how you get on. Good luck.
Gil Fleming
Director
Fleming Technical Limited

You can't think about what you don't know - Mike Fidler
If you can't fight, wear a big hat - John S Fleming
The best way to have a good idea is to have lots of ideas - Linus Pauling
Gil Fleming

Return to Ffenics 1.x